There may be information missing from this page.
Following a recent issue with object details, some objects (~1%) are not showing all the data they should. We estimate the data will be fully restored at the end of this week.
Updated: 27 April 2015
The Pall Mall Apollo, or r-ty in a blaze!!!
- The Pall Mall Apollo, or r-ty in a blaze!!!
(For description see other impression). 1 March 1816
Hand-coloured etching and aquatint
- Published in: London
- (Europe,British Isles,England,London)
- Height: 217 millimetres
- Width: 468 millimetres
Inscription ContentLettered with title, artist's name, text within image and publication line 'G Cruickshank fect/ Pubd by M Jones 5 Newgate St March 1st 1816'
British XIXc Unmounted Roy
- Associated with: Mrs Dorothy Jordan
- Associated with: Right Hon Sir John McMahon
- Associated with: Edward Law, 1st Baron Ellenborough
- Associated with: George IV, King of the United Kingdom
- Associated with: Charlotte, Queen of George III
- Associated with: William IV, King of the United Kingdom
- Associated with: Arthur Wellesley, 1st Duke of Wellington
- Associated with: Robert Stewart, Viscount Castlereagh and 2nd Marquess of Londonderry
- Associated with: Leopold I, King of the Belgians
- Associated with: Isabella Anne Ingram Shepherd, 2nd Marchioness of Hertford
- Associated with: John Scott, 1st Earl of Eldon
- Associated with: Henry Peter, 1st Baron Brougham and Vaux
Prints & Drawings
If you’ve noticed a mistake or have any further information about this object, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Object reference number: PPA150368
British Museum collection data is also available in the W3C open data standard, RDF, allowing it to join and relate to a growing body of linked data published by organisations around the world.
The Museum makes its collection database available to be used by scholars around the world. Donations will help support curatorial, documentation and digitisation projects.