There may be information missing from this page.
Following the issue last week with object details, these records are almost back to normal. However some objects (1%) are still not showing all the data they should. We estimate the data will be fully restored next week.
Updated: 14 April 2015
bossed penannular brooch
Silver bossed penannular brooch. Fragmentary, parts a-e.
- Excavated/Findspot: Penrith (Penrith Hoard 1)
- (Europe,United Kingdom,England,Cumbria,Penrith (England))
- Length: 70.48 millimetres (a)
- Width: 23.75 millimetres (a)
- Weight: 25.88 grammes (a)
- Length: 30.77 millimetres (b)
- Width: 24.17 millimetres (b)
- Depth: 10.45 millimetres (b; inc. boss)
- Weight: 13.68 grammes (b)
- Length: 23.98 millimetres (c)
- Width: 23.95 millimetres (c)
- Depth: 8.59 millimetres (c; inc. boss)
- Weight: 8.3 grammes (c)
- Length: 17.71 millimetres (d)
- Width: 10.97 millimetres (d)
- Depth: 1.91 millimetres (d)
- Weight: 2.5 grammes (d)
- Length: 45.94 millimetres (e)
- Width: 35.95 millimetres (e)
- Depth: 10.44 millimetres (e; inc. boss)
- Weight: 30.48 grammes (e)
2014-2015 Jul-Jan, Berlin, Museum für Vor- und Frühgeschichte, Vikings
Britain, Europe and Prehistory
If you’ve noticed a mistake or have any further information about this object, please email: email@example.com
Object reference number: MCS25121
British Museum collection data is also available in the W3C open data standard, RDF, allowing it to join and relate to a growing body of linked data published by organisations around the world.
The Museum makes its collection database available to be used by scholars around the world. Donations will help support curatorial, documentation and digitisation projects.