Fragmentary linen shroud of a woman named Resti, with texts and vignettes from the Book of the Dead.
- Found/Acquired: Egypt
- Height: 86 centimetres (fragment 1 before conservation)
- Width: 53 centimetres (fragment 1 before conservation)
- Height: 62 centimetres (fragment 2 before conservation)
- Width: 144.5 centimetres (fragment 2 before conservation)
- Height: 111.5 centimetres (fragment 3 before conservation)
- Width: 119 centimetres (fragment 3 before conservation)
- Height: 58 centimetres (fragment 4 before conservation)
- Width: 157 centimetres (fragment 4 before conservation)
Inscription Scriptcursive hieroglyphic
Inscription LanguageMiddle Egyptian
Inscription TranslationTitles/epithets include : Lady of the House
Inscription CommentBook of the Dead : upper register Osiris hymn - [ .. ] - unidentified - 124 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 77 ; middle register 86 (end) - [ .. ] - unidentified - 123 - 27 - 44 - 30A - 54 - 38B ; lower register 42 and (?) 125 - 149 - unidentified
Nicholson and Shaw, Ancient Egyptian Materials and Technology (Cambridge 2000), p. 114, 116, 119
- Inscription from: Book of the Dead
Ancient Egypt & Sudan
If you’ve noticed a mistake or have any further information about this object, please email: email@example.com
Object reference number: YCA40479
British Museum collection data is also available in the W3C open data standard, RDF, allowing it to join and relate to a growing body of linked data published by organisations around the world.
The Museum makes its collection database available to be used by scholars around the world. Donations will help support curatorial, documentation and digitisation projects.