Polished jadeite axehead; thin, and highly polished.
- 4000BC-2000BC (Deposition)
- 4500BC-4000BC (Manufacture)
- Made in: Italy (northern)
- Excavated/Findspot: Canterbury
- (Europe,United Kingdom,England,Kent,Canterbury (Kent))
- Length: 219 millimetres
The stone for this axe comes from the North Italian Alps.
Prehistory and Europe
If you’ve noticed a mistake or have any further information about this object, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Object reference number: BCB66024
British Museum collection data is also available in the W3C open data standard, RDF, allowing it to join and relate to a growing body of linked data published by organisations around the world.
The Museum makes its collection database available to be used by scholars around the world. Donations will help support curatorial, documentation and digitisation projects.