Silver token. Three shillings and sixpence.(edge) Inscription.
(obverse) Bust of a man, facing to right, possibly of the issuer.
(reverse) A two-mast barge under sail.
- Issued in: Bersham
- (Europe,British Isles,Wales,Wrexham County Borough,Bersham)
- Issued in: Snedshill
- (Europe,British Isles,England,Shropshire,Telford and Wrekin,Telford,Snedshill)
- Issued in: Willey
- (Europe,British Isles,England,Shropshire,Willey)
- Issued in: Bradley (?)
- (Europe,United Kingdom,England,Derbyshire,Bradley (Derbyshire))
- English Token
- Weight: 15.49 grammes
Inscription ContentIOHN WILKNSON IRON MASTER .
Inscription ContentFINE SILVER / 1788
Inscription CommentDate at the bottom, reads anti-clockwise and in a straight line, the rest of the inscription reads clockwise and follows the curve of the token.
Inscription ContentWILLEY SNEDSHILL BERSHAM BRADLEY
- Associated with: Birmingham
- (Europe,British Isles,England,West Midlands,Birmingham)
Coins & Medals
If you’ve noticed a mistake or have any further information about this object, please email: email@example.com
Object reference number: CJE20807
British Museum collection data is also available in the W3C open data standard, RDF, allowing it to join and relate to a growing body of linked data published by organisations around the world.
The Museum makes its collection database available to be used by scholars around the world. Donations will help support curatorial, documentation and digitisation projects.