Limestone ostracon: on one side only, a few hieroglyphs of which only the 'nswt'-plant is clear.
- Excavated/Findspot: Abydos, Cemetery D Tomb 20
- (Africa,Egypt,Upper Egypt,Abydos)
- Height: 18.4 centimetres (max;including frame)
- Width: 14.5 centimetres (max;including frame)
- Height: 14.2 centimetres (without frame)
- Width: 11.4 centimetres (without frame)
Inscription Positionone side
Inscription CommentBlack-painted hieroglyphs. On one side only, a few hieroglyphs of which only the niswt-plant is clear. (Demaree)
Ancient Egypt & Sudan
- 1341-1900 (V&A number)
There is no image of this object, or there may be copyright restrictions
If you’ve noticed a mistake or have any further information about this object, please email: email@example.com
Object reference number: YCA66164
British Museum collection data is also available in the W3C open data standard, RDF, allowing it to join and relate to a growing body of linked data published by organisations around the world.
The Museum makes its collection database available to be used by scholars around the world. Donations will help support curatorial, documentation and digitisation projects.