Limestone ostracon: with black-painted lotus flower motifs on one side and, on the other side, a repeated design of black-painted circles enclosing black or red dots.
- Excavated/Findspot: Abydos, Tomb D12
- (Africa,Egypt,Upper Egypt,Abydos)
- Height: 13 centimetres (max;including frame)
- Width: 15.1 centimetres (max;including frame)
- Height: 9.6 centimetres (without frame)
- Width: 12.3 centimetres (without frame)
Ancient Egypt & Sudan
- 1344-1900 (V&A number)
There is no image of this object, or there may be copyright restrictions
If you’ve noticed a mistake or have any further information about this object, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Object reference number: YCA66179
British Museum collection data is also available in the W3C open data standard, RDF, allowing it to join and relate to a growing body of linked data published by organisations around the world.
The Museum makes its collection database available to be used by scholars around the world. Donations will help support curatorial, documentation and digitisation projects.