Sex and Relationship Education
Free, Booking Essential
To book please email email@example.com at least six weeks in advance
Recommend this session
For Key Stage 3,4 and 5 Students
Explore sex and relationship education (SRE) at the British Museum through object enquiry, activities and discussion. Working with an artist educator these sessions aim to provide SRE in a cross-curricular, creative and informative way using British Museum objects and contemporary issues to generate discussion. Workshops are based on the session themes listed below. This session would complement in-school SRE and participating schools will be provided with a set of images and information to take back to school.
The aims are that students will:
• Learn about sex and identity across culture and time.
• Use objects in the collection to discuss contemporary issues.
• Use this session to complement in-school sex education teaching and learning.
• Leave the project feeling comfortable to discuss SRE with their peers, parents, teachers – and feel confident within their own sexualities.
National Curriculum: SRE and PSHE
Session themes exploring cultures:
• Pornography and consent – Japan, ancient Egypt and Greece
• Body image – ancient Greece, Rome and Egypt
• LGBT – India, ancient Mesopotamia, Greece and Rome
• Gender and transgender identity – Africa, India and the Aztecs
Sessions can also be adapted to suit your needs in school. Please let us know if there is a particular focus for your visit.
A minimum of 6 weeks’ notice is essential when booking.
Recommended group size: 20
Cancellation and no-show charges apply.
See full terms and conditions >