Discover the culture and civilisation of ancient Greece. Find out about life in ancient Athens, the events of the Olympic Games, the heroes and heroines of Greek mythology, the architecture of the Parthenon and more.
Explore an Athenian
Students take on roles as Greek envoys and visit the court of the Persian king.
Students find out what it meant to be an Athenian citizen in the 5th century BC.
Students learn how to tell the difference between Heracles, Athena and Hermes.
Students study the paintings on pots and handle replica Greek objects.
Students learn about Greek temples and explore the Parthenon's links to Athens.
Students learn about ancient Greek architecture and design their own temple.
Years 12 & 13
This study day combines lectures, gallery talks and independent study.
Years 12 & 13
A lecture-based study day covering several aspects of the Mycenaean world.
KS2 & 3
Students experience ancient Greece through sight, sound, smell and touch.
KS2 & 3
An introduction to Greece through a mixture of multi-sensory activities and digital technologies.
Thursday 13 March
Monday 24 March
Friday 28 March
Monday 28 April
Thursday 1 May
Monday 19 May
Friday 23 May
Monday 2 June
Thursday 5 June
Monday 9 June
Monday 16 June
Thursday 19 June
Friday 20 June
Monday 23 June
Friday 4 July
Thursday 10 July
Friday 11 July
- Room 11 Greece: Cycladic Islands
- Room 12a Greece: Minoans
- Room 12b Greece: Mycenaeans
- Room 13 Greece 1050–520 BC
- Room 14 Greek vases
- Room 15 Athens and Lycia
- Room 16 Greece: Bassai Sculptures
- Room 17 Nereid Monument
- Room 18 Greece: Parthenon
- Room 19 Greece: Athens
- Room 20 Greeks and Lycians 400–325 BC
- Room 21 Mausoleum of Halikarnassos
- Room 22 The world of Alexander
- Room 23 Greek and Roman sculpture
- Room 69 Greek and Roman life
- Room 71 Etruscan world
- Room 72 Ancient Cyprus
- Room 73 Greeks in Italy
- Room 77 Greek and Roman architecture
- Room 78 Classical inscriptions
- Room 82 Early Ephesus
Teachers receive a 10% discount*. Quote teacher1112 in Museum shops or at the checkout online.
- Emma McAllister, Pocket timeline of ancient Greece
- Jennifer Neils, Concise introduction to ancient Greece
- Ian Jenkins, The Parthenon Freize
- Judith Swaddling, The Ancient Olympic Games
- Dyfri Williams, Greek vases
- B.F. Cook, The Elgin Marbles
*Discount cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers.