The Igbo people of Nigeria gather every August to celebrate the new yam festival, where every item of food is a yam-based dish.
The yam crop is the most important crop of the region. The night before the festival all the yams from last year's harvest have to be eaten to make way for the new crop.
Try this delicious recipe for yam muffins - they're yammy!
How to make
1. Preheat the over to 180 degrees Celsius.
2. Grease your muffin tins or arrange muffin cups on a baking sheet.
3. Put all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix them together.
4. Pour the mixture into the muffin tins or cases until they're about half full.
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Let them cool down, then gobble them up!
Made your own yam muffins?
Send us photos of your work