Egged on by his wife, Macbeth has murdered King Duncan and seized the throne. But he is tormented by guilt. In this famous speech he sees a vision of the dagger used to do the deadly deed.
How to make
1. Download the dagger template and cut out all the pieces.
2. Place the two largest dagger template pieces onto your card so that the arrows meet and they make the dagger shape. Draw round this and cut it out.
3. Cut out the two ‘handle’ pieces of card. Stick them onto the handle on top of each other, piece 1 first, then piece 2 on top of this. This is to strengthen it. Do this on both sides of your dagger (so you will need two of each piece). Then do the same with the 'crossguard' pieces, first 1 then 2.
4. Now take your tin foil. Fold over one corner and line it up with the dagger crosspiece. Place the blade on the foil and wrap the foil over and over the blade, sticking it on with glue as you go. Trim any extra pieces off.
5. Use felt tips pens to decorate the handle and crosspiece of your dagger.
Now.. to the stage! Download the speech and begin!
Make Hamlet's skull: enjoyed making this dagger? Now make the famous skull held by Hamlet.
All about the Tudors: find out about the kings and queens of Shakespeare's time.
Made your own dagger?
Send us photos of yourself in character