These chocolate puffs are little meringue-like biscuits made of egg white, chocolate and sugar.
The recipe is from Georgian England, and it is very easy to make (and very yummy)!
The recipe will make about twenty puffs.
How to make
1. Beat the egg white until very stiff.
2. Beat in the sugar and grated chocolate. The mixture will go a bit runny but don't worry!
3. Grease a sheet of foil with butter and drop very small teaspoonfuls of the mixture onto it. Allow plenty of room for the puffs to spread out as they cook.
4. Bake the puffs at 110 degrees C (225 degrees F or gas mark 1/4) for an hour or until they are completely dried out.
5. Gently take them off the foil and store in an airtight container ready to be gobbled.
Made your own chocolate puffs?
Send us photos of your work