One of the five pillars of Islam central to Muslim belief, Hajj is the pilgrimage to Mecca that every Muslim must make at least once in their lifetime if they are able.
The Hajj virtual project presents highlights from the 2012 exhibition, ‘Hajj: journey to the heart of Islam’, and other fascinating objects for those who were unable to attend the exhibition, want to revisit some of its star objects, or want to learn more about Hajj.
- Africa, Room 25
- Ancient Cyprus, Room 72
- Money, Room 68
- Egyptian life and death, Room 61
- The Islamic World, Room 34
- China, South Asia, Southeast Asia, Room 33
- Greece: Parthenon, Room 18
- Enlightenment, Room 1
- Sutton Hoo and Europe, AD 300–1100,