- Video: Parthenon west pediment
- Video: Tray bearers
- Video: Three goddesses
- Video: Speeding chariot
- Video: Selene horse head
- Video: Figure of Running girl
- Video: Figure of a river-god
- Video: Centaur and Lapith
- Video: Figure of Iris
- Video: Parthenon Introduction
- Video: Parthenon, Horsemen
- Video: Gesturing horseman
- Video: Helios
- Video: The gods of the frieze
- Video: Female bearers on foot
- Video: Parthenon east pediment
- Video: Figure of Dionysos
- Video: Parthenon, south frieze
- Video: Parthenon, east frieze
- Video: Athena and Poseidon
Parthenon - West Pediment
Originally they were located high up in the triangular pediment at the western end of the Parthenon. This pediment survived pretty well until 1687. It was in that year that a catastrophic explosion ripped the heart out of the Parthenon, virtually destroying the ancient temple.
Using this on a mobile device? Tap the image to watch.
On desktop, requires Flash player or click image to download.