- Video: Parthenon west pediment
- Video: Tray bearers
- Video: Three goddesses
- Video: Speeding chariot
- Video: Selene horse head
- Video: Figure of Running girl
- Video: Figure of a river-god
- Video: Centaur and Lapith
- Video: Figure of Iris
- Video: Parthenon Introduction
- Video: Parthenon, Horsemen
- Video: Gesturing horseman
- Video: Helios
- Video: The gods of the frieze
- Video: Female bearers on foot
- Video: Parthenon east pediment
- Video: Figure of Dionysos
- Video: Parthenon, south frieze
- Video: Parthenon, east frieze
- Video: Athena and Poseidon
Parthenon - East Pediment
The central section of the east pediment of the Parthenon showed the birth of Athena. The myth was not often depicted in classical times, although it had been popular in the Archaic period, especially on vases.
Using this on a mobile device? Tap the image to watch.
On desktop, requires Flash player or click image to download.