- Video: Parthenon west pediment
- Video: Tray bearers
- Video: Three goddesses
- Video: Speeding chariot
- Video: Selene horse head
- Video: Figure of Running girl
- Video: Figure of a river-god
- Video: Centaur and Lapith
- Video: Figure of Iris
- Video: Parthenon Introduction
- Video: Parthenon, Horsemen
- Video: Gesturing horseman
- Video: Helios
- Video: The gods of the frieze
- Video: Female bearers on foot
- Video: Parthenon east pediment
- Video: Figure of Dionysos
- Video: Parthenon, south frieze
- Video: Parthenon, east frieze
- Video: Athena and Poseidon
Figure of Iris from the west pediment of the Parthenon
This marble figure of Iris, goddess of the rainbow, was carved around 438-432 BC. It is from the west pediment, or gable, of the Parthenon, a temple on the flat-topped rock known as the Acropolis in Athens, Greece.
Using this on a mobile device? Tap the image to watch.
On desktop, requires Flash player or click image to download.