- Audio: German Romanticism
- Audio: Unrecorded History
- Audio: Britons on Hajj
- Audio: Hajj: curator’s intro
- Audio: Hajj and the future
- Audio: Hajj among pilgrimages
- Audio - Hajj: a journey
- Audio: Cracking the Egyptian
- Audio: Liu Dan in conversation
- Audio: 31 BC
- Audio: Mina's Banner
- Audio: Jamaica: Hans Sloane's
- Audio: Horses
- Audio: The horse
- Audio: An American Eden
- Audio: Goya
- Audio: Shakespeare: curators’
- Audio: Shakespeare performance
Hajj and the future of Islam
Karen Armstrong, author, theologian and British Museum Trustee, and Tariq Ramadan, Professor of Contemporary Islamic Studies, University of Oxford, discuss what spiritual, moral, political and religious lessons Hajj can teach Muslims and non-Muslims about Islam.
This event took place on 24 February 2012.
Related to the exhibition Hajj: journey to the heart of Islam
Image: Hajj certificate (detail). 17th–18th century AD. Nasser D. Khalili Collection of Islamic Art (Khalili Family Trust)
Using this on a mobile device? Tap the image to watch.
On desktop, requires Flash player or click image to download.