- Audio: German Romanticism
- Audio: Unrecorded History
- Audio: Britons on Hajj
- Audio: Hajj: curator’s intro
- Audio: Hajj and the future
- Audio: Hajj among pilgrimages
- Audio - Hajj: a journey
- Audio: Cracking the Egyptian
- Audio: Liu Dan in conversation
- Audio: 31 BC
- Audio: Mina's Banner
- Audio: Jamaica: Hans Sloane's
- Audio: Horses
- Audio: The horse
- Audio: An American Eden
- Audio: Goya
- Audio: Shakespeare: curators’
- Audio: Shakespeare performance
Hajj: a journey of faith
Session one from this study day at the British Museum.
A day of stimulating lectures by British and international specialists on the historical development, religious context and art of Hajj, chaired by Venetia Porter, Exhibition Curator of Hajj: journey to the heart of Islam.
Mona Siddiqui (Professor of Islamic and Interreligious Studies, Assistant Principal for Religion and Society, University of Edinburgh) on aspects of Hajj and religious identity.
This event took place on 10 March 2012.
Related to the exhibition Hajj: journey to the heart of Islam
Image: Hajj certificate (detail). 17th–18th century AD. Nasser D. Khalili Collection of Islamic Art (Khalili Family Trust)
Download this video to watch in your favourite media player, or to view this video online please install the Flash player