How to apply
Please complete the Volunteers enquiry form
Closing date for applications:
4 February 2013
Schools volunteers – Spotlight Talks
We are looking for enthusiastic volunteers to join our schools programme. The Museum’s schools programme delivers a wide range of sessions for school groups visiting the Museum, from workshops, talks and art activities and we are looking for volunteers to provide support for our Spotlight Talk sessions. This is a great opportunity to learn about how schools sessions are delivered in a large museum.
This programme could/is likely to include
- Meet and greet school groups when they arrive at the Museum.
- Escort the school groups to their allocated school session.
- Observe and support our Museum learning team running the school sessions.
How the programme is organised.
- Volunteers work in pairs
- Volunteers are asked to sign up to a flexible rota and offer a minimum of 2 sessions each month.
- The rota is organised each term.
- Sessions are delivered during school term-times, on Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays, between 10.15 and 13.15.
What we would like from you
- You will have a keen interest in museum learning programmes.
- You will enjoy working with young people and be enthusiastic about engaging them with the collection.
- You will be able to commit to a minimum of 2 sessions per month and be available for at least 6 months.
What you can expect from us
You will have the opportunity to be part of our busy and exciting Museum learning team.