How to apply
Please complete the Volunteers enquiry form
Closing date for applications:
4 February 2013
Schools volunteers – Samsung Digital Discovery Centre
We are looking for enthusiastic volunteers to join our schools programme. The Museum’s schools programme delivers a wide range of sessions for school groups visiting the Museum, from workshops, talks and art activities and we are looking for volunteers to provide support for our Samsung Digital Discovery Sessions. This is a great opportunity to learn about how digital technology is used to deliver stimulating and creative school sessions.
This programme could/is likely to include
- Helping the team set up the Samsung Centre equipment before the schools arrive.
- Meeting and greeting school groups when they arrive at the Museum.
- Helping our Museum learning team run the Samsung digital schools sessions.
How the programme is organised
- Volunteers are asked to sign up to a flexible rota and offer a minimum of 2 sessions each month.
- The rota is organised each term.
- Sessions are delivered during school term-times, on Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays, between 09.45 and 14.00.
What we would like from you
- You will have a keen interest in museum learning programmes.
- You will enjoy working with young people and be enthusiastic about engaging them with the Museum collection.
- You will be confident using digital equipment and multimedia software.
- You will be able to commit to a minimum of two sessions per month and be available for at least six months.
What you can expect from us
- You will have the opportunity to explore world cultures and history in the Museum's Samsung Centre with school groups using the latest Samsung digital equipment.
- We will provide you with training on how to use the Samsung digital equipment.