How to apply
Please complete the Volunteers enquiry form
Closing date for applications:
4 February 2013
Family volunteers – Samsung Digital Discovery Centre
We are looking for enthusiastic volunteers to join our family programme. The Museum’s family programme delivers a wide range of activities and events for families visiting the Museum, from workshops, talks and crafts to exciting Samsung Digital Discovery activities. This is a great opportunity to learn about how digital technology is used to deliver stimulating and creative learning opportunities for the whole family.
This programme could/is likely to include
- Helping the team set up the Samsung Centre equipment before the families arrive.
- Meeting and greeting families when they arrive at the Museum.
- Helping our Museum learning team run the Samsung digital family sessions.
How the programme is organised
- Volunteers are asked to sign up to a flexible rota and offer a minimum of 2 sessions per rota.
- The rota is organised in two monthly periods.
- Activities take place at weekends and during school holidays, usually between 11.00 and 16.00.
What we would like from you
- You will have a keen interest in museum learning programmes.
- You will enjoy working with young people and be enthusiastic about engaging them with the Museum collection.
- You will be confident using digital equipment and multimedia software.
- You will be able to commit to a minimum of two sessions per rota and be available for at least six months.
What you can expect from us
- You will have the opportunity to explore world cultures and history with families through a programme of activities.
- We will provide you with training on how to use the Samsung digital equipment.