The Parthenon Sculptures
The 1930s cleaning of the Parthenon Sculptures in the British Museum
By Ian Jenkins
- Cleaning the Sculptures 1811-1936
- Documentary Evidence for Cleaning the Sculptures 1937-8
- The Press Scandal of 1939
- Parliamentary Questions 1939
- Subsequent Responses to the Cleaning
- An Evaluation of the Documentary Evidence
- The Surface Condition of the Parthenon Sculptures
- Internal British Museum correspondence between J. Forsdyke and the officers concerned.
- The Interim Report.
- The case against F.N Pryce, and his reply.
- The case against R.P. Hinks, and his reply.
- R.D. Barnett's memorandum.
- The Second Interim Report.
- The Third and Final Report.
- R.P. Hinks' resignation.
- Correspondence between the Director and Trustees concerning culpability.
- Press cuttings