Current job opportunities at BMCo
The British Museum Company (BMCo) is a registered charity established in 1973 to encompass all commercial activity undertaken by the British Museum.
The British Museum Company employs staff to fulfil a number of activities including wholesale and retail, licensing, publishing and merchandise.
If there are no suitable vacancies, please check this page again in the future.
BM Images Account Manager
Fixed Term – 12 months (maternity cover)
British Museum Images was launched in 2006, making images of the British Museum’s renowned collection easily accessible to clients throughout the world.
We are looking for a well-organised, self-sufficient and industrious Account Manager to help the British Museum Images team to cover a period of maternity leave. The post-holder will take the lead in developing a portfolio of key accounts within the commercial and the heritage market segments.
Key areas of responsibility will include:
- Meeting or exceeding monthly targets by managing and developing key accounts, as well as seeking new revenue opportunities.
- Negotiating price agreements and approving new accounts.
- Developing creative and innovative ways to grow the business. Developing industry-specific expertise related to key accounts in order to better understand and respond to clients’ needs.
- Managing the administration and data associated with the processing of sales.
- Working with the Finance department to ensure smooth processing of client invoicing, account information, credit and payment-related activities.
- Assisting with the development of marketing material.
- Maintaining good working relationships with departments across the Museum.
This position would suit a motivated sales person with a strong work ethic.
For an application please email: Recruitment@britishmuseum.org
Closing date for completed applications: 10 February 2015
Please note that this post is open to internal and external applicants.