An Van Camp
Dutch and Flemish drawings and prints before 1880
+44 (0)20 7323 8406
An Van Camp is the curator responsible for Dutch and Flemish prints and drawings up to the late nineteenth century.
She joined the Department of Prints and Drawings in 2006 as cataloguer of the Dutch and Flemish prints before 1900 during which she created almost 15,000 records for the Museum’s online database. Previously she studied History, Archaeology, Art History and Museum Studies at the Katholieke Universiteit Leuven (Belgium) and at University College London.
- Researching almost 5,000 drawings made in the Netherlands, Flanders and Belgium from the fifteenth century to the late nineteenth century and developing comprehensive records on the Museum’s online database
- Researching the Museum’s collection of hand-coloured etchings by Hercules Segers, including conservational examination and scientific analysis
- Display of the etchings by Hercules Segers (Room 90, 6 January
– 16 May 2012)
Introduction to the display
- Creating online catalogue records for about 15,000 Dutch and Flemish prints from the fifteenth century to the early twentieth century
- Display of the preparatory drawings by Adriaen van Ostade and David Teniers the Younger, on the occasion of the 400th anniversary of their births (Room 90, 23 August – 19 December 2010)
- Updating the provenances of the Museum’s Rembrandt etchings on the Museum’s online database
Membership of professional bodies
- Member of the programme committee of CODART (International Network for Curators of Art from the Low Countries)
A. Van Camp, in M. Neumeister (ed.), ''Breughel: Gemälde von Jan Brueghel d. Ä", exh.cat. Alte Pinakothek, Munich, 2013, cat.nos.45 and 67.
An Van Camp, 'Robert Dighton and his spurious collectors’ marks on Rembrandt prints in the British Museum, London', in The Burlington Magazine 155 (2013), pp.88-94.
An Van Camp, "Frans Pannekoek", Print Quarterly 29 (2012), pp.441-442.
An Van Camp, "James Hughes Anderdon's Collectanea Biographica: An extraordinary collection in the Keeper's Office", Print Quarterly 28 (2011), pp.410-414.
An Van Camp, “Etchings by drawings collector Nicolaes Flinck (1646-1723)”, Print Quarterly 27 (2010), pp. 371-381.