+44 (0)20 7323 8336
As well as the everyday Museum duties of exhibitions, storage and loans, Pippa Pearce's main area of interest is archaeological materials. She also works on the conservation of historical artefacts and modern materials from living cultures.
Her archaeological interest extends to acting as small finds and site conservator on various excavations, notably at Butrint, Albania (www.butrintfound.dial.pipex.com), Kamenica, Albania (www.kamenicatumulus.org), Apollonia in Albania (www.icaa.org.al) and Kawa and the Northern Dongala Reach in Sudan (www.sudarchrs.org.uk).
- The Portable Antiquities Scheme (www.finds.org.uk), mainly cleaning coins for identification from recently disclosed sites, such as Cold Brayfield and Snodland
- Exhibition liaison officer for the Babylon exhibition.
- Exhibition liaison officer for temporary exhibitions by the Department of Coins and Medals in Room 69a.
- Exhibition liaison officer for the exhibition Forgotten Empire: the world of Ancient Persia
- Exhibition liaison for the exhibition Kingdoms of the Ancient Nile
Membership of professional bodies
- Accredited to ICON, the Institute of Conservation (www.icon.org.uk)
P. Pearce, ‘Practicable Solutions’ in Festschrift for Prof Korkuti: New Directions in Albanian Archaeology, eds L.Bejko and R. Hodhes, International Centre for Albanian archaeology (Monograph Series No.1, Tirana, 2006), pp. 356-367