Helen trained as a paper conservator at Northumbria University and joined the Western Art on Paper studio at the British Museum in 1991. She works mainly on prints, drawings and watercolours, but also has responsibility for the conservation of photographs. She is the Conservation contact for the Department of Coins and Medals, and Archives.
- The examination of black pigments and cellulose degradation in Mary Delany collages
- Papyrus succession training
- Conservation of John White watercolours for A New World: England’s first view of America exhibition
- Conservation of drawings for the recent exhibition Michelangelo: Closer to the Master
Membership of professional bodies
- Accredited member of the Institute of Conservation (ICON)