+44 (0)20 7323 8336
Duties include conservation of inorganic objects for loan, exhibition, storage and publication, including the examination, documentation, survey, and loan assessment of the collections. Although this work covers all the collection, both historical and archaeological, Alexandra specializes in the conservation of archaeological objects and is the Greek and Roman liaison for metals conservation.
Alexandra graduated with distinction from University College London in 2002 with a MSc in Conservation for Archaeology and Museums. Since then she has worked at the British Museum on a number of short contracts in the Department of Conservation and Scientific Research and in the Department of Asia, gaining a permanent contract as an inorganic-material conservator in 2003.
- Laser cleaning of metal artefacts
- Conservation of the Greek and Roman lead collection and research into methods of electrolytic reduction in the conservation of lead artefacts
- On-site and post excavation conservation of the Chiseldon Iron-Age cauldron hoard
- Conservation of Cypriot metalwork from the reserve collection
- Metals project supervisor for the new Medieval Gallery, Room 40
- Conservation of the Greek and Lycian metal objects in galleries 19 and 20.
- Conservation of the statue of a bronze youth.
- On-site and post excavation conservation for the Forum Novum/Vescovio excavations
- Conservation of the Gowland collection of Kofun period Japanese metalwork
- Post-excavation conservation of metal objects from Tell es-Sa’idiyeh, Jordan
- Conservation of metal artefacts in the Early Medieval Gallery 41
- Conservation of the collection of Etruscan Bucchero vessels
- Conservation of Qing period Chinese porcelain
- Conservation of the Montague Guest theatre token collection
Membership of professional bodies
- Professionally accredited conservator-restorer
- Member of the Institute of Conservation (ICON)
M. Pullan and A. Baldwin, ‘The Evolution of a Treatment Strategy for an Akali Sikh Turban’, ICOM-CC Triennial Meeting, Delhi (2008, forthcoming).
C. Korenberg, A.M. Baldwin and P. Pouli, ‘Investigating and optimising the laser cleaning of corroded iron’, LACONA VII (2008, forthcoming).
C. Korenberg, A.M. Baldwin and P. Pouli, 'Investigating the laser cleaning of archaeological copper alloys using different laser systems’, LACONA VII (2008, forthcoming).
C. Korenberg and A. Baldwin, ‘Laser cleaning tests on archaeological copper alloy using an Nd:YAG laser’ Laser Chemistry Vol. 2006. Article ID 75831,7P. (2006)
A. Baldwin, ‘The case of the writing tablets from Nimrud’,Conservation News 78, (May 2002)