Curator, and section head, Oceania
+44 (0)20 7323 8035
Gaye was appointed curator and section head, Oceania in March 2013. She has undertaken material culture research with Aboriginal peoples in Central and Southeastern Australia.
Prior to taking up this position, she worked as a Member of the National Native Tribunal in Australia, mediating native title agreements. For many years, she was associated with Museum Victoria in Melbourne, firstly as a curator, and then a trustee. From 2008-2013, she was the Independent Chair of the Woodside Rock Art Foundation Committee in Western Australia.
- Research and curation of the Australia collection
- Relocation of AOA collections to World Exhibition and Conservation Centre
External fellowships/ honorary positions/ membership of professional bodies
- Member, Australian Institute of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Studies
- Member, Museum Ethnographers Group
- Member, Pacific Arts Association
- Member, Royal Anthropological Institute