The Asia department study room is open by appointment on Wednesdays.
Please contact us on +44 (0)207 323 8457 or email@example.com for further details.
Researchers and students with collection-based enquiries.
- This service is available after written application and prior written approval from the Department of Asia, with a minimum of three weeks notice
- Up to five objects may be requested per visit
- The size and difficulty of moving an object may impact on the number that can be provided
- It is not possible to guarantee an object can be made available for viewing
- You may not bring objects into a viewing session without prior written permission.
Public enquiries, including non-collection enquiries, and as above, space permitting.
Please note all visitors must report to the information desk in the Great Court to pick up a visitor pass. Please bring photographic identification such as a driving licence or passport.
Visitors who wish to seek an informal opinion on non-collection objects that they wish to bring into the Museum will need to make an appointment in advance. A maximum of three objects may be brought in per appointment. Every effort to accommodate visitors' first choice of time slot will be made, but this may not always be possible.
Opinions are restricted to information about probable date and historical context of an object. Museum staff are not permitted to give valuations.
To make appointments or for further information please contact:
Department of Asia
Great Russell Street
Please note, you may find useful information about specific objects on the Museum website: