Grayson Perry's stunt teddy competition
Entry to the competition is subject to the following terms and conditions:
1. Entry into the competition is free and open to all teddy bears, without discrimination on grounds of age, gender, disability or fur, who are small enough to fit onto the seat in the shrine on Grayson’s Perry motorbike:
- seat width 12cm
- seat depth 10cm
- seat height 8cm
- height of the seat back 20cm
2. Participating teddy bear owners must submit full entry details by 12 noon (BST) on Monday 8 August 2011.
3. Only teddy bears are eligible for entry into the competition and the 12 shortlisted entries will be selected by Grayson Perry whose decision shall be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
4. Members of the public will be invited to vote for their favourite teddy bear among the 12 bears shortlisted by Grayson Perry. Voting will be conducted in an online public poll between 12 noon (BST) on Monday 22 August and 12 noon (BST) on Tuesday 6 September 2011. Only one vote will be accepted per email address. The poll will close at 12 noon (BST) on Tuesday 6 September 2011and the votes will be counted by the Promoter. The three teddy bears receiving the highest numbers of votes will be the winners. If there is a tie for third place, Grayson Perry will make the final decision. The adjudication of votes in the poll shall be final and the winners will be notified by email by Friday 9 September 2011.
5. Each winning teddy bear must be delivered to the British Museum and must be escorted away from the British Museum in person by the bear’s owner. The Museum will not be liable for any transport, posting or packaging costs.
6. Teddy bears accepting the prize do so at their owners’ risks. The British Museum shall have no liability whatsoever for any loss, damage, destruction, deterioration or wear caused to any teddy bear.
7. Entry is free and open to all permanent residents of the United Kingdom.
8. An Entry from anyone aged under 18 will be subject to the acceptance of these terms and conditions by his or her parent or guardian.
9. Only one entry per person.
10. No responsibility will be accepted for lost or delayed entries.
11. The prizes are non-transferrable and have no cash value.
12. Three prizes are available to be won: Each will include the placement for a winning teddy bear inside the shrine on the back of Grayson Perry’s motorbike installed at the British Museum between either:
- Friday 30 September and Friday 18 November 2011; or
- Friday 18 November 2011and Friday 13 January 2012; or
- Friday 13 January and Monday 20 February 2012
Winners cannot stipulate which dates of placement of teddy bears they prefer; and the Promoter’s decision which placement to award to which winner shall be final.
13. In addition to the teddy bear’s placement, each of the three prize winners will receive two adult exhibition tickets (children are free but tickets must be booked), a tote bag from the exhibition range and the exhibition catalogue written by Grayson Perry. The Promoter reserves the right to request a winner to provide proof of identity and proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address. Identification considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter.
14. If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, including without limitation as the consequence of tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud or any other cause beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this competition, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion and without liability to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry or voting process or to cancel the competition.
15. Employees and the immediate family members of employees of the British Museum or its agencies or any company associated with the promotion are ineligible to enter.
16. If a winner does not claim the prize within one week of email notification being sent, the prize will be forfeit and a new winner will be drawn.
17. Insurance, travel costs and any items not explicitly mentioned as being included in the prize description are not included within the prize and are the sole responsibility of prize winners.
18. In the event that for any reason whatsoever a winner does not take an element of the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that element of the prize.
19. Prizes will be arranged and procured by the Promoter.
20. The Promoter is the British Museum Great Court Limited of the British Museum, Great Russell Street, London WC1B 3DG (registered in England; no. 4098945).
21. By entering you confirm that you own your teddy bear and the copyright in the image submitted as a part of your application and you give the Promoter and its licensees your permission to publish the photograph, your name and the content of your application (excluding your email address) to promote the competition.