BFI events at the British Museum
Terms and conditions
BFI Sci-Fi: Days of Fear and Wonder
Arrive early to enjoy the offer from Benugo at the British Museum, where supper and a selection of alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks will be available to purchase before the screenings begin.
Our aim is to make the evening an unforgettable experience for everyone, therefore please read and adhere to the following rules & regulations for the outdoor screening:
- Access to the British Museum forecourt for the outdoor screenings will be from 19:00, tickets will be checked by security staff upon entry. The programme is scheduled to begin at 20:15 and will end at approximately 22:30 on 28 and 30 August and approximately 23.00 on 29 August. Access will be from the main entrance on Great Russell Street, WC1.
- Tickets are non-refundable. Any uncollected tickets will be available for collection from the box office on site, located inside the main entrance on Great Russell Street.
- No fixed seating is available on the site. Please note that chairs (including deck chairs) are not permitted. Patrons are requested to sit on the ground and are welcome to bring their own cushions and rugs. The BFI will be providing disposable event seating for a small fee. We ask patrons to respect fellow audience members and refrain from standing during the performance.
- You shall not bring all or any of the following into the event site: umbrellas; laser pens; animals (except guide dogs); food & drink (except for water in plastic bottles); bottles, cans or glass containers; any item which could be considered as a weapon; and any illegal substances. Patrons not adhering to this condition may be refused entry.
- The screening will continue in wet weather. Please dress in attire appropriate for the weather conditions on the evening.
- The BFI and British Museum reserves the right to refuse entry to and/or eject patrons from the event. In particular but without limitation you may be refused admission to or removed from the event for any of the following reasons: for behaviour that contravenes health and safety or licensing conditions; if you behave in a manner which has or is likely to affect the enjoyment of other persons at the event; if you use threatening, abusive or insulting words or mannerisms; if, in the BFI or British Museum’s reasonable opinion, you are acting under the influence of alcohol or drugs; if you refuse to comply with the BFI or British Museum’s security searches; if you breach these terms; or if your ticket is void.
- By attending the event, you give your express consent to your actual or simulated likeness being included within any film, photograph, audio and/or audiovisual recording to be exploited in any and all media for any purpose at any time throughout the world. This includes filming by the police or security staff that may be carried out for the security of customers.
- This is a designated ‘No Smoking’ event.
- There will be no cloakroom facility available at the British Museum.
- The Event operates licensed bars and you need to be over the age of 18 to purchase alcohol on site. You may be asked to produce proof of age and if you are unable to do so you will not be served alcohol.
- Customers are asked to respect local residents and leave the site as promptly and quietly as possible after the performance has finished.